The easiest and safest way to get a Mexico IP address is with a virtual private network (VPN).
A VPN swaps your actual IP address with an IP address from a different location, such as Mexico. When you connect to a VPN’s remote server in Mexico, you will get a Mexico IP address, allowing you to surf the web, stream TV shows and movies, download files and play video games as if you’re inside Mexico. VPNs are incredibly easy to use, completely legal, and inexpensive.
I tested all of the top VPNs on the market, and I was able to get a Mexico IP address in just a few minutes with each of my top 3 picks.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) For Getting a Mexico IP Address in 2021
- Step 1. Select a VPN with servers in Mexico. Pick a reputable VPN that has at least 1 server in Mexico. ExpressVPN is my top choice because of its ease-of-use, blazing-fast connection speeds, and high security.
- Step. 2. Download and install the VPN. This easy process usually takes about a couple of minutes. If you want to install the VPN on multiple devices, check to see how many simultaneous connections your VPN offers (ExpressVPN allows 5 connections).
- Step. 3. Connect to a server in Mexico. Open the VPN app, find the list of server locations, and select a server in Mexico — you now have a Mexican IP address and can access the internet as if you’re in Mexico!
Get a Mexico IP Address With a VPN
A VPN is software you install on your computer, phone, or other device that allows you to connect to encrypted servers located all over the world. When you connect to a VPN server, the VPN changes your local IP address with one from your new location — all of your internet traffic is now routed through one of the VPN’s servers. For example, when you connect to a server in Mexico, websites that you visit in Mexico will see the VPN’s IP address (and not your real IP address) and think you’re browsing from inside Mexico.
There are free VPNs available, but I don’t recommend that you use one. Many free VPNs have slow connection speeds, may keep a record of your internet activity, and might not even have a server in Mexico.
Instead, I recommend that you purchase a low-cost premium VPN like ExpressVPN, which comes with excellent security features, maintains fast speeds, and can get you a Mexico IP address in just a couple of clicks.
How to Find the Best VPN
There are many VPNs that have a server in Mexico, but not all VPNs are equal when it comes to quality and value. Here are the factors I considered when ranking my top 3 choices to get a Mexico IP address.
- Servers in Mexico. Make sure your VPN has at least 1 server located in Mexico; otherwise, you won’t be able to get a Mexico IP address.
- Connection speeds. All VPNs will slow down your connection speeds because of the time it takes to encrypt your data. But the best VPNs have servers that are designed to maintain fast speeds on virtually any server. The VPNs on this list have some of the fastest speeds out there.
- Strong encryption. To ensure your information is practically unreadable, I only recommend VPNs that have 256-bit AES encryption, which is also used by banks and militaries to protect their data.
- Kill switch. This feature automatically disconnects your device from the internet if the connection to the VPN server is severed. It prevents your IP address from getting leaked or exposed over an insecure connection.
- No-logs policy. To make sure your VPN doesn’t store records of your online traffic (website you visit and files that you download), it should have a strict no-logs policy. All of the VPNs on this list have proven through various methods that they don’t keep logs of your online activities.
- Unblocking capabilities. The best VPNs are able to bypass geo-restricted content on streaming services like Netflix.
- Customer service. Good VPNs offer multiple forms of customer support, including 24/7 live chat, email, and support guides.
- Pricing. I only recommend VPNs that offer flexible payment plans, accept multiple forms of payment, and back each purchase with a money-back guarantee.
The Best 3 VPNs for Getting a Mexico IP Address
ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Getting a Mexico IP Address
ExpressVPN has at least 1 server in Mexico, provides top-notch security features, maintains really fast speeds, and unblocks all of the popular streaming sites. ExpressVPN doesn’t publish the number of servers it has in each country, but I was easily able to get a Mexico IP address each time I clicked on “Mexico” in the list of server locations.
In my tests, ExpressVPN was the fastest VPN on this list (and is one of the fastest VPNs out there). I was able to stream Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+ content in 4K and HD quality without any buffering, download large files in no time (ExpressVPN supports torrenting on all of its 3,000+ servers, including Mexico), and there was no lag while I played video games.
When it comes to security, ExpressVPN has industry-standard VPN features like 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and a strict no-logs policy that was independently audited and confirmed in 2019. It also has:
- Perfect forward secrecy — This feature changes your encryption key each time you connect to a server, preventing third-parties from having access to your data on any previous or future online sessions.
- TrustedServer Technology — ExpressVPN stores all data on RAM-only servers, which means nothing is saved on a hard drive and all of the information is scrubbed from the server every time the server gets rebooted.
- Its own DNS servers — ExpressVPN automatically encrypts all DNS requests on every server. It also includes built-in leak protection against WebRTC and IPv6 leaks.
ExpressVPN’s customer support is excellent — it has friendly and knowledgeable 24/7 live chat representatives, responsive email support (I usually received a reply within the same day), and well-organized and helpful support guides.
ExpressVPN allows 5 connections and has easy-to-use apps for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, smart TVs, and routers.
ExpressVPN offers 1-month, 6-month, and 12-month payment plans (the 12-month plan comes with an additional 3 months for free), accepts a wide range of payment options, including credit cards, PayPal, and even Bitcoin, and covers each purchase with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Private Internet Access — Great VPN for Streaming
Private Internet Access (PIA) has multiple servers in Mexico, and I was able to instantly get a Mexico IP address every time I connected to a Mexican server.
While PIA isn’t as fast as ExpressVPN, PIA still provided very fast speeds for all of my internet activities — during my tests, videos started right away, files downloaded quickly, there was no lag while playing video games, and I didn’t experience any freezing during Voice over IP (VoIP) calls.
PIA unblocks all of the top streaming services, like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, and other local TV channels in Mexico. And PIA allows torrenting on all of its servers.
In terms of security, PIA has 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and a strict no-logs policy. While its no-logs policy hasn’t been audited, PIA has proven through court documents that it doesn’t store user data. Also, I really like how all of PIA’s apps are open source, which means anyone can investigate its code for holes in security.
PIA supports iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, Linux, routers, and has browser extensions for Chrome, Opera, and Firefox. Also, PIA allows 10 simultaneous connections.
I’m a big fan of PIA’s 24/7 live chat support — I was always connected to a live rep in less than 10 seconds, and the reps were polite and able to answer all of my questions. There’s also email support and a wide range of troubleshooting guides.
Private Internet Access offers payment plans for 1-month, 1-year, and 2-years (this plan comes with an additional 2 free months). PIA accepts credit cards, PayPal, Amazon Pay, 5 forms of cryptocurrencies, and even gift cards from third-parties, and each plan is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost VPN — Great VPN for Torrenting
CyberGhost VPN has 50 servers in Mexico, and all of them are located in Mexico City. I tested 10+ servers, and each one immediately provided me with a Mexico IP address.
I like how CyberGhost VPN has optimized servers dedicated for torrenting in select countries, including Mexico. I was able to download large files faster on the dedicated servers than on CyberGhost VPN’s regular Mexico servers. Also, CyberGhost works with all of the popular torrent clients like BitTorrent, Vuze, and uTorrent.
And while CyberGhost’s no-logs policy hasn’t been audited, the VPN provider publishes a transparency report every 3 months that highlights how it didn’t comply with any requests for user data from law enforcement.
CyberGhost protects your data with 256-bit AES encryption, has a kill switch, and comes with built-in DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leak protection.
CyberGhost VPN is great for streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, and other apps in HD, and it also provides very fast speeds for gaming. CyberGhost allows 7 connections and supports all of the major platforms, as well as smart TVs, gaming consoles, and routers.
CyberGhost VPN offers 4 flexible payment plans and has a generous 45-day money-back guarantee for its yearly plans (and a 14-day money-back guarantee for its monthly plan).
Best VPNs for Getting a Mexico IP Address (2021) — Final Score:
Source of Article