The easiest and most secure way to get a Uruguay IP address is with a virtual private network (VPN).
A VPN replaces your current IP address with an IP address from a different location, such as Uruguay. When you get an IP address from a different location, you’re able to browse the internet, stream content, share files, and play video games as if you’re in that location. VPNs are easy to use, safe, and perfectly legal.
I tested many of the top VPNs out there, and I was easily able to get a Uruguay IP address with my top 3 picks.
3 Steps (Quick + Easy) for Getting a Uruguay IP Address in 2021
- Step 1. Select a VPN. Pick a VPN with at least 1 server in Uruguay (I recommend ExpressVPN because it has extremely fast connection speeds).
- Step 2. Download and install the VPN. It usually takes only a couple of minutes to install a VPN on your device. If you’re planning to install the VPN on more than one device, check to see how many connections your VPN allows — ExpressVPN lets you connect 5 devices.
- Step 3. Connect to a Uruguay server. Open the VPN app, scroll through the menu of locations, and choose a server in Uruguay. You now have a Uruguay IP address and can browse websites as if you were in Uruguay.
Get a Uruguay IP Address with a VPN
A VPN has a network of servers located all over the world. When you connect to a VPN server, it routes your internet activity through one of the VPN’s encrypted servers, which offers an extra layer of protection to prevent hackers from accessing your data. It also assigns you a different IP address from your new location and keeps your real location hidden. A VPN tricks websites into thinking that you’re accessing them from within that country (like Uruguay) when you’re actually in a different location.
There are free VPNs available on the market, but I don’t recommend that you use them. Most free VPNs lack essential security and privacy features, limit your bandwidth and data, have slow speeds, and might not have a server in Uruguay, preventing you from getting a Uruguay IP address.
Instead, I recommend that you purchase a low-cost premium VPN like ExpressVPN to get excellent security and fast speeds.
How to Find the Best VPN
While every VPN with a server in Uruguay can get you a Uruguay IP address, some are better suited for the job than others. Here are the factors I considered when ranking my top 3 choices.
- Servers in Uruguay. If you want a Uruguay IP address, your VPN must have at least 1 server in Uruguay.
- Connection speeds. All VPNs will slow down your connection speeds because of the encryption process. However, I only recommend VPNs that maintain fast speeds for browsing, streaming, gaming, and P2P traffic.
- Strong security. All of the VPNs on this list protect your data with 256-bit AES encryption (military-grade encryption), a kill switch (disconnects you from the internet if the VPN connection suddenly drops), and fast and secure protocols like Lightway, WireGuard, and OpenVPN.
- No-logs policy. To prevent the VPN from storing your personal data and online traffic history (websites that you visit and files that you download), a VPN should have a strict no-logs policy. All of the VPNs on this list have strict no-logs policies.
- User-friendly. The top VPNs have easy-to-use apps with streamlined interfaces that make it simple to find features and to quickly connect to a server.
- Customer service. A good VPN offers customer support through many different platforms like 24/7 live chat, email, support guides, and even video tutorials.
- Pricing. I only recommend VPNs that offer flexible payment plans (the longer plans usually have the best value), accept multiple forms of payment (including cryptocurrency), and back each purchase with a money-back guarantee.
The Best 3 VPNs for Getting a Uruguay IP Address
ExpressVPN — Best VPN for Getting a Uruguay IP Address
ExpressVPN has 3,000+ servers in 94 countries, including at least 1 server in Uruguay. During my tests, I was always able to instantly connect to a Uruguay server, and I maintained blazing-fast speeds for all online activity.
I streamed content on popular streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime, as well as on Uruguay sites like Teledoce without any issues. ExpressVPN also supports torrenting on all of its servers, including in Uruguay, and it works with all of the top torrenting clients like uTorrent and Deluge.
In addition to industry-standard VPN security features like AES 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and a strict no-logs policy, ExpressVPN has:
- TrustedServer Technology — Stores all data on memory (RAM) instead of a hard drive, which means all data is erased each time the server gets rebooted.
- Perfect forward secrecy — Changes your encryption key after each session to protect your data.
- Full leak protection — ExpressVPN comes with built-in protection against DNS, WebRTC, and IPv6 leaks.
ExpressVPN offers 5 simultaneous connections with a single subscription and has intuitive apps for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, and even routers. ExpressVPN offers excellent customer support through 24/7 live chat, email, and an extensive library of troubleshooting guides — there are also video set-up guides.
ExpressVPN has 3 payment plans (1-month, 6-month and 12-months — this plan comes with an additional 3 months free), accepts multiple forms of payment (including Bitcoin), and each plan has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
VyprVPN — Best VPN for Connecting Multiple Devices
VyprVPN has 700+ servers, including at least 1 in Uruguay, and it allows 30 simultaneous connections. In my tests, I had no problems connecting to a server in Uruguay and getting an Uruguay IP address, and I maintained good speeds throughout the entire testing.
My roommate and I connected 8 devices to a Uruguay server at the same time, and our browsing, streaming, and torrenting speeds were never compromised. Websites loaded almost instantly, we were both able to access geo-blocked websites like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO GO without buffering or lag Plus, we downloaded large files very fast — VyprVPN allows torrenting on all of its servers (like ExpressVPN).
VyprVPN also comes with robust security features, including a kill switch, a strict no-logs policy, perfect forward secrecy, WireGuard, and VyprDNS (which are VyprVPN’s encrypted DNS servers).
I was impressed with VyprVPN’s customer support — it offers an extensive menu of troubleshooting guides and FAQs, responsive and knowledgable 24/7 live chat representatives, and email support (I received a reply in under 4 hours each time I sent VyprVPN a message).
VyprVPN has 3 pretty cheap payment plans, accepts credit cards and PayPal (but not cryptocurrency), and each plan is covered by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
HMA VPN — Best VPN for Secure Browsing
HMA VPN has 2 servers in Uruguay, and both of them are located in Montevideo. I tested both servers multiple times and was able to easily get a Uruguay IP address on each attempt.
While HMA VPN is not as fast as ExpressVPN and VyprVPN, HMA VPN still provided me with decent speeds in Uruguay. While websites took only a couple of seconds to load, videos took 5-10 seconds to start — but there was no buffering once the videos began.
I’m a big fan of HMA VPN’s IP Shuffle feature, which randomly shuffles your IP address during your VPN session. I really like how you can customize how often you want HMA VPN to shuffle your IP address (every 30 minutes, 1 hour, or even 12 hours). This feature makes it difficult for someone to track your location while you browse the internet.
I was able to stream Uruguayan TV without any issues, but HMA VPN was unable to access Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+. HMA VPN is good for torrenting, but it only supports P2P traffic in 6 countries — and not Uruguay (this means you’ll have to connect to another country that is nearby to get fast download speeds).
When it comes to security features, HMA VPN includes 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, full leak protection, and a strict no-logs policy.
HMA VPN allows 5 connections, offers 3 subscription plans, and backs each plan with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Best VPNs for Getting a Uruguay IP Address (2021) — Final Score:
Source of Article