Information Technology, Computing & Chemical Engineering
56 Femi Ayantuga Crescent, Surulere, Lagos. P.O. Box 4629 GPO Marina Lagos
Tel: 01-5835608, 0803-3045117 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Our Software Products, Recent IT Implementations & Consultancies
Collaborates with SoftPro (Nigeria) Limited and Webstar Systems Limited
TOM-S stands for Total Office Management System, a business software application suite designed to computerise the key operations of Personnel Administration, Finance and Accounting and Inventory Control. TOM-S was conceived as an answer to effective and efficient resource management in a period when accountability, transparency and public relevance is strategic to the survival of a business/institution. TOM-S offers you the capacity to stay relevant in today’s environment and in the future.
From the standard multi-user desktop TOM-S solution to the high valued client\server based TOM-S solutions, various configurations and platforms of TOM-S are available to meet your size, needs and budget. Over 10 years, TOM-S has been replacing legacy business software systems due to its flexibility, scalability, and exploitation of advances in IT, thus enabling organizations to refocus business and service delivery strategy.
TOM-S is an invaluable tool for coordinating key activities in your organization, such as
- Staff Profiling
- Staff Appraisal
- Staff Auditing
- Training Scheduling and Appraisal
- Leave Scheduling and Tracking
- Promotions and Appointments
- Gratuity Assessment
- Salaries Computation and Payments
- Claims & Deductions Computations
- Loans Management
- Payment Vouchering
- Accounts / Final Accounts Preparation
- Inventory Control
TOM-S tailors its functionality to the units and departments that perform these activities to provide a unified approach to planning and decision-making. It seamlessly facilitates transfer of information between these units and departments, thereby minimising multiple entries of information in situations where the same information are required to carry out several activities.
TOM-S offers the capability to document a wide spectrum of information on members of staff of your organization. These include;
- employment data, bio data including photograph,
- details of spouses, children and next of kin,
- academic and professional records,
- records of appointments, promotions and postings,
- leave, training and disciplinary records,
- gratuity and pension information.
TOM-S offers unlimited scope to continually update these details to ensure accurate and up-to-date information on your workforce is available at all times, thus providing a panoramic view of your workforce at the touch of a key. New management staff, for example, can begin to plan and strategise even before meeting the majority of staff and without recourse to hard copy files.
TOM-S provides a comprehensive framework to record staff appraisal information, without restriction to the intervals chosen for the appraisal. The scope of information captured also offers a useful medium to appraise your organisation’s performance with respect to
- staff development programs;
- staff perception about your organisation; and
- salient qualities and abilities of each member of staff.
A unique feature of TOM-S is the ability to mimic, if desired, the manual mode of staff appraisal, for example, APER forms as used in government organisations.
TOM-S facilitates staff auditing, an indispensable activity in modern day management where there is the need to continually update and revalidate information on your workforce, in order to ensure integrity of your organisation’s information databank.
Training Scheduling and Appraisal
Training requirements, plans and history of your employees are recorded in TOM-S. Training details captured for each employee includes types of training, dates and duration, brief content of the courses as well as feedback from staff returning from the courses.
With this information you can easily
- view and print training schedules,
- assess the suitability of the course(s) to your career development strategy,
- assess the performance of the course vendor,
- appraise the history of staff development and skill acquisition of each member of staff, and
- obtain an indication of the associated cost of developing each staff.
Staff going on leave means they are not available for work, and this has an impact on work scheduling as it requires reorganising staff to ensure that the tasks of those on leave are done effectively. Leave management is usually further complicated by sick and casual leave, which cannot be anticipated, and, in some cases, staff taking leave in installments.
TOM-S addresses these issues affectively. You record the period when each member of staff intends to take their mandatory leave, allowing you to anticipate staff availability problems and plan for the necessary reorganization. All types of leave categories (sick, casual, annual, etc) are catered for in TOM-S and the facility is provided to reflect leave allowance payments directly in payroll.
Promotions and Appointments
TOM-S provides the facility to record the history of appointments, posting and promotions of employees, and when this impacts on staff emoluments it is automatically reflected in payroll.
This feature combines with staff appraisal information, training records, disciplinary records and academic and professional records to provide a unified overview and platform to assess promotions requirements within your organization.
All disciplinary measures (queries, cautions, warnings, etc) taken against employees are documented in TOM-S in such a way as to provide ready information categorized by date, type of disciplinary measure and originator of the disciplinary action. For example, you can determine the number of queries given to a staff over a specific period.
TOM-S offers the facility to record all commendations, awards and recommendations given to each employee. Apart from its application in times of promotions, appointments and postings, this facility is valuable when, for example, nominations for special assignments and/or benefits need to be done.
At the end of a working career comes retirement. In some cases an employee may wish to voluntarily disengage from the service of the organization. Gratuity and pension issues then need to be assessed and payments terms determined and implemented.
TOM-S handles this easily, integrating the history of service and other relevant financial information of each employee with payroll computations.
TOM-S facilitates computations of salaries by allowing you to define payscales, tax rates, tax reliefs, tax computation procedures and overtime rates. The procedure is fully automated and flexible enough to handle changes in employee status, promotions, leave claims and a wealth of other welfare issues and services that impact on payroll. Errors in salary computations, omission of claims and delays in payments are effectively eliminated using TOM-S.
Amongst the wealth of reports that can be printed at the end of each pay period are the payslips, payroll summary reports, payment schedules to banks, claims and deductions analysis and tax remittances to government.
Claims & Deductions
Claims and deductions are dynamic in nature. These include arrears claims, overtime, transport claims, leave allowances and allowances specific to postings or assignments such as hazard and special duty allowances. Deductions such as taxes, loan, union contributions, contributions to pension or housing funds and a host of other deductions also need to be effected in payroll. Collating, processing and auditing these information each month can be time consuming and prone to errors and omissions.
The problems associated with effecting claims and deduction in payroll is further compounded by changes in government regulations or company procedures that may introduce new allowances, new deductions or new tax rates. The situation is further complicated since it is usual that each employee’s situation may be different from month to month
Apart from the standard allowances in a standard payscale (housing, transport, utility, meal, etc.) and standard deductions such as taxes, TOM-S offers an unlimited number of allowances and deductions to be introduced in the system with a flexible global approach to its implementation. You have total control in specifying these allowances and deductions with facilities to ensure tax liabilities are effected. The following lists some of what is offered.
- New allowances can be either personal to the employee or attached to a payscale, providing unlimited extension to any payscale.
- Tax reliefs for each new allowance can be defined.
- You can create multiple payscales to reflect your organizations hierarchy and pay structure.
- Arrears, overtime and leave allowances are automatically computed based on current policy.
- Contributions to unions, thrifts societies and special funds are automatically deducted from employee’s pay every month and you only need to specify it once.
- All claims and deductions that are not regular (arrears, overtime, other deductions) are compelled through a strict procedure of approval and rejection by a higher authority to ensure proper implementation of rules, thus, facilitating auditing.
The analysis, history and summaries of all claims and deductions affected in payroll can be printed for management and auditing purposes.
It is customary for staff to request for loans such as car loans, housing loans, cash advances and salary advances, for example, to handle certain personal or family issues.
With TOM-S you can specify all categories of loans and record all loans advanced to staff and their repayment terms (the principal and interest, when to start repayment and when to stop repayment). An accurate log of all loan repayments is kept in the databank and deductions automatically stops when time is due. Additional features include the ability to effectively handle multiple loans for each employee.
TOM-S PAYE tax computation procedure is integrated in payroll computation and meets the FIRS and the Joint Tax Board standards. You can extend a payscale to accommodate any number of allowances as well as specify a limit (tax relief) above which each allowance must be taxed. This extensibility ensures TOM-S will remain relevant for a long period during which tax regulations may change.
Budgeting & Payment Vouchering
All companies, institutions and business concerns make budgets and appropriate (vote) amounts for their various expenditures usually on a yearly basis. On a daily basis over the year, payments of all kinds are made to staff, contactors and vendors, all of which must be adequately recorded. Bank reconciliation must also be regularly carried out as part of the accounts auditing and financial control process. TOM-S provides a framework to perform these activities efficiently and reliably by providing a single module with facilities exclusively for budget monitoring and payment vouchering.
With TOM-S you can record the amount voted for each expenditure category such that all payments made out would be charged against an expenditure head (and an accounting head) from the point of preparing the voucher. Each voucher generated is automatically assigned a unique reference that is secure from adjustment ensuring integrity of financial information is maintained. When the voucher is approved (by a higher authority), the cheque is given to the beneficiary, then payment is posted to the payments register.
TOM-S therefore keeps comprehensive details on all vendors, contractors and other payees engaged with your organisation and generate an accurate payments register to assist in auditing and bank reconciliation. Budget balances and Expenditure (Vote Book) balances can be produced at any time to assist in appraising your financial position at any point.
Accounts Preparation/Final Accounts – the General Ledger
Annual accounts preparations often prove to be difficult. TOM-S provides the platform to ensure your bookkeeping and accounts is well managed. All the books of original entry (Bank Book, Cash Book, Credit Purchases and Sales Day Book) and the General Ledger (GL) are handled in TOM-S.
You are allowed to specify up to 10000 account codes in your GL with each code having the flexibility of being extendable to have an unlimited number of subheads (cost centers for example). This ensures more precise accounting and assessment of each unit/area of activity in your company.
Posting to the GL is made simple with strict controls to validate and verify entries in the books of original entry before posting. Payment vouchers generated in other modules are automatically posted to the GL, reducing the data entry workload since voucher information is already available in TOM-S. Trial balances at any date are generated easily with seamless extraction of the balance sheet and P&L balances during the year. TOM-S is also equipped with the facility to keep Creditors, Debtors, Loans and Budget Register ledgers to fully complement the accounting procedures.
Thus, with TOM-S, accounts auditing is made extremely simple taking you away from the traditional manual system or with common computerized systems where all the activities are not coordinated centrally. Standard financial reports, activity reports and specialized reports are available and you can request for other specialised organization-specific reports from your vendor.
TOM-S’s scope extends to stores management. The delivery of goods (for example, furniture, consumables and business equipment), all requisitions and other stores items movements are controlled through TOM-S. Central to TOM-S is the provision to assign a unique reference to each item, as well as to track and record the items’ manufacturers-specified product and serial numbers.
TOM-S also offers the capability to record the location, department and office to which each item issued from the store will be taken, so that you can track the movement of that item within the organization and know its precise location at any point in time. This feature enables you to generate bin cards for each item to show the history of usage of stock items.
You can also specify reorder levels for each stock item and you will be warned if the quantity of any item falls below the specified threshold.
Stock balances are available and can be generated at any time, including stock valuations with options of FIFO/LIFO and Weighted Average stock valuation computations.
Auditing in TOM-S goes beyond financial auditing. Auditing is wider in scope in a modern day organization with a wide variety of departments, each performing a series of activities that are subject to internal and external controls & procedures. As these controls must be adhered to and the organization must be properly managed, all activities must be closely monitored.
TOM-S deploys a single module that unifies monitoring and assesses activities recorded in its databank, leveraging the existing TOM-S databank. From a workstation, an auditor can browse through current and historical information in any area of activity and have a thorough and panoramic view of the operations of your organisation. The auditor, for example, can perform personnel audits, payroll audits and financial audits and monitor progress of the organisation.
With a combination of all reports and charts, general auditing is made less laborious and more analytical in approach.
Investing in TOM-S will thus engender transparency, accountability, efficiency and prudence in the management of the resources of your organisation. This opportunity is only waiting to be taken by a credible and dynamic leadership to set the pace in this respect.
TOM-S architecture is strictly modular and adopts the client\server topology to fully exploit client\server capabilities of any database platform. This modular design further enables phased implementation of TOM-S to maximise investment, tailor the implementation more precisely to your environment and ensure easy migration across database platforms. The full power of TOM-S is only particularly appreciated when deployed over a wide\local area network with several users in different departments constantly using it.
TOM-S, consists of a back-end, TOM-S Database (Host) System, and several front-ends, TOM-S Front End/Gateway Applications, all interconnected.
The TOM-S Host Database System will reside on a server computer to act as the central repository of data and provide workstations with access to the databank. With Microsoft SQL-Server\Oracle Platform option, a standard ODBC plug connecting the front-end/gateway applications to the TOM-S Host Database will be the hallmarks of the solution. This ODBC connected TOM-S Host System provides the following extra functions;
- Extra system level supervisory functions to the databank;
- Handle administrative operation such as backing up of data, performance monitoring and usage monitoring;
- Extra level of database security.
The TOM-S Front-End/Gateway Applications are a combination of forms to provide graphical user interface (GUI), queries, macros and program modules designed to run on several operating systems such as Windows 95/97/2000 and Windows XP. This allows for uniformity and consistency of both user interface (GUI) and controlled standards and version upgrades plus evolutionary architecture.
Overall, TOM-S takes advantage of the Rushmore technology which is unique to Microsoft Access and Microsoft FoxPro; the universality of Microsoft Access being an integral part of Microsoft Office Suite; the high security facility, robustness, reliability and, above all, the inherent client/server technology of SQL Server\Oracle. Thus, TOM-S delivers a service that is of immense capability, easy to migrate across operating platforms and scalable to meet specific demands.
Unified Approach – Simplicity
Ergonomics was an important concept in developing TOM-S. The look and feel of TOM-S interfaces ensures it is simple to use, appealing and professional. Its operational flow is logical and smooth. TOM-S configuration, system and security management functions, which may require some degree of IT skill and understanding, are completely separated from the modules used by general users. Thus, only modest computer literacy is required to use it.
Independence & Uniqueness
TOM-S was conceived, designed and developed using current state of the art application development tools. It is independent of third party applications as it was designed and built independent of proprietary applications. It however interacts seamlessly with all standard packages based on relational database platforms.
Industry Standard Technology
TOM-S employs Visual Basic, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft SQL-Server\Oracle, combined with ODBC connectivity as the primary development tools to deliver a total solution of industry standard. TOM-S also easily deploys its reports across the Internet via email and its database platforms are easily web enabled. By employing these are state of the art development tools and platforms TOM-S guarantees interconnectivity with other technologies and migration across database platforms, thus, ensuring flexibility, scalability and relevance over a long period.
Openness of Data
TOM-S data is exposed through industry standard protocols such as ODBC and HTML. The client is therefore not excluded from accessing TOM-S data and as such can leverage its own IT expertise to build business specific modules, applications and reports on top of the TOM-S database host system parallel to standard TOM-S functionality. This further enhances the client’s independence and integrity of its information.
Client independence fostered by the openness of data feature is further enhanced within TOM-S design itself. A whole module, TOM-S Operational Data Management & Configuration, is dedicated to configuring TOM-S with your organisation-specific data. Data to configure TOM-S is under exclusive control of the client requiring no recourse to the vendor to implement changes in operational rules such as salary increases, new pay scales, new allowances, new deductions and changes in tax laws, for example.
User access to data is strictly controlled by a hybrid of programmed security features combined with development tool specific security features, providing TOM-S with a powerful and sophisticated security management facility. Each user is given access rights to each module while each module has a set of privileges to which a user can be assigned. In simple terms, when you create a new user you first grant the user access to one or more of the modules, then you assign the required privileges/roles to the user for each module. This way, you can define security and access levels suitable to your organisation. For example, roles can be assigned according to staff hierarchy or staff schedules.
TOM-S employs strict maintenance of procedures that ensure history of all transactions and changes to key data are kept permanently in its database. In virtually all cases, provision for deleting data by a user is restricted. In the rare cases when necessary, only administrators with access to structural features of TOM-S Host System can delete data. The result is that data integrity is well ensured and comprehensive auditing is facilitated. Transparency and discipline in the performance of work using TOM-S is thus encouraged and cultivated.
Maintenance & Support
Availability of maintenance and support expertise of TOM-S is readily available. TOM-S has been proven and tested in the field and our experience with maintenance has been that our role has been largely supervisory after an agreed post implementation-monitoring period.
TOM-S is available in various modules and on different platforms. The following lists the core modules of TOM-S.
- TOM-S Personnel Administration
- TOM-S Payroll Administration
- TOM-S Staff Appraisal
- TOM-S Staff Auditing
- TOM-S Budgeting
- TOM-S Payment Vouchering
- TOM-S Accounting
- TOM-S Inventory Control
- TOM-S Operational Data Management And Configuration
- TOM-S User Maintenance and System Administration
- TOM-S Auditing, Monitoring and Reporting
You can select the solution you require from the possible bundles below:
- TOM-S Personnel Administration + TOM-S Staff Auditing + TOM-S Staff Appraisal
- TOM-S Payroll Administration + TOM-S Staff Auditing
- TOM-S Payment Vouchering + TOM-S Budgeting
- TOM-S Accounting + TOM-S Budgeting
- TOM-S Inventory Control
Each bundle must have the Operational Data Management & Configuration, User Maintenance and System Administration and the Auditing, Monitoring and Reporting Module
The choice of platform will be largely informed by your current IT configuration and the size of your organization. Whatever the size and IT configuration, there is a solution to serve your needs from the following:
- TOMS -ON-ACCESS
- The solution is particularly useful for small to medium organisations. The database system is deployed on Microsoft Access, an integral part of Microsoft Office. It integrates effortlessly with your Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint documents.
- TOMS -ON-SQL-Server
- For the medium to big organisations or organisations that has already acquired Microsoft SQL-Server, this solution is ideal. Being a Microsoft product, Microsoft SQL-Server readily interacts with other Microsoft products including the commonly used Microsoft Word
- A number of organizations have invested on Oracle engine. Such organizations can take advantage of TOM-S-ON-ORACLE. The ODBC connectivity feature still enables seamless interaction with standard packages such as Microsoft Word.
Our product H-GrelMan (Hotel Guest Relations Manager) software is designed to manage the front office operations of hotels. It is developed in Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft Access with options of Access 2000+ or SQL-Server Database engines.
H-GRelMan is network ready with multiuser capability and client server configuration, and is designed to manage any size hotel. It has 3 modules:
- Front Office: Reception and cashiers booths
- Sales Outlet: Restaurants and Bar Operations
- Revenue Analysis: Daily Revenue and Food & Beverage Analysis
The following are the key functions of H-GRelMan:
- Manages reservations including generating reservation density information.
- Record guest check-in details, including the mode of settlement of the bill and details of those responsible for paying the bill.
- Record guest check-out details, including the date checked out and whether the guest has settled his/her account.
- Log transactions such as debits/credits from guests, both form those occupying rooms and those that come in to buy services, such as eating drinking in the restaurant and the bar.
- Captures all sales from your restaurants and bars.
- Automatically charges each occupied room with room charges on a daily basis at the instance of the manager.
- Monitor the daily activities of the various charge accounts and produce totals on each charge account.
- Print guest folios.
- Monitor charge account activities and revenue analysis including daily revenue reports for each outlet and each shift.
- Corporate Clients profiling including management and administration of accounts of your credit guests.
- Rooms analysis including rooms occupancy, rooms availability and rooms statistics.
- Guest analysis, including guest/folio balances, checkout alerts and guest security reports
- Generates Daily Revenue Analysis, Food And Beverage Analysis and Bar Outlets Analysis
- Special facilities to create attachment folios and transfer transactions between folios are available to deal with instances where guests require maintaining more than one folio.
H-GRelMan also provides extra features designed to alleviate and even eliminate some operational problems, as well as improves on the efficiency of staff working with information provided at the front office.
- Data integrity and security is provided by a software based security system which would allow users/operators to be granted rights and privileges that determine the operations each user/operator can perform. Access to data is effectively controlled via this process.
- Uniqueness of a service: Each time a guest checks in a service number is automatically assigned to the transaction. All transactions relating to the guest goes under this number, thus enabling an effective trace on transactions of the guest.
- A history of all transaction including check-in transactions is kept in the database. This would facilitate responses to guest/management enquiries and queries on current and previous services. It would also provide valuable data to assess business performance such as statistical analysis on guest transactions.
- Provide instant up-to-date reports on current guests and their financial position.
- A comprehensive log of all activities is maintained to facilitate auditing of the operations.
- Flexibility as regards responding to changes in policy. For example, it provides the means to define new charge accounts, new revenue types and the number of shifts.
- Can be extended in the future to, for example, provide useful information on usage of each room, and daily and monthly variations in business activity.
To implement our solution we assume functional basic Ethernet 100 Base-T local area network and modern computer systems running Microsoft Windows 2000\XP operating systems installed with Microsoft Office 2000\XP is in place.
Law Office Manager (LAWMAN) software application is aimed at legal practitioners to manage clients and cases information, scheduling of legal activities, invoicing (billing) of clients and managing clients financial accounts.
- Captures and manages clients information
- Captures and manages case information with facility to attach cases to clients.
- Captures visual representation of case related information such as photographs of crime scene, photographs of evidence and any related electronic information relating to the case.
- Scheduling of activities/services such as court appearances, hearings and filing injunctions in courts.
- Automatically generates daily schedule of activities and reminders based on your coded instructions.
- Invoicing (Billing) of Clients & Management of Clients Financial Accounts.
- Facility to code services you provide to clients; improves accuracy in billing of clients
- Ability to assign counsel/client executive to each client/case.
- Maintains records of activities on each case such as court appearances, court hearings, meetings, judgements and sentencing details, including court locations and counsel/staff that handled the activity.
- Captures activities/services provided for clients including non-litigation specific services such as conveyancing.
- Maintains cases history, including continuous assessment of cases.
- Search cross-referencing information in the your databank.
- Comprehensive reporting and statistics generation facilities.
- Network Ready; Multi-user, & client/server configuration.
- Operates on standard personal computer running Windows 98/2000/XP .
- Provides high-level security to ensure confidentiality of your legal information databank.
- Maintains a concise audit trail of operational activities.
- Customisable to meet your specific operations and environment.
- Standard Version on Microsoft Access database; SQL-Server database platform is optional.
Lawyers are very busy people. The legal department of an organisation like INEC is even busier coordinating day-to-day legal activities, electoral tribunals proceedings and assignment of cases on issues that span the 36 states of Nigeria. Coordinating and managing all these can be a daunting task with wide scope for delays, which can compromise the public perception of INEC
Corporate Law Office Manager, Corporate LAWMAN, addresses these issues by equipping your legal department with powerful tools to assist in coordination all legal activities. It will essentially keep a database of all legal matters and cases it coordinates in electoral tribunals including details of the actors in the matters.
What is powerful in our solution is the capability to
- log all activities performed on each case/legal matter ,
- schedule tasks and activities on each case/legal matter,
- record details of all lawyers/chambers assign to cases acting on INEC’s behalf,
- generate reminders for scheduled tasks,
- record endorsements on each case /legal matter.
You will quickly build up a comprehensive database on legal activities that it will become a valuable reference for coordinating your day-to-day activities.
From your workstation you can browse through the database and view the details of all your cases to provide a global view of the position, issues and status of the cases without having to reference actual hardcopy files.
Senior legal officers can monitor day-to-day progress of legal matters and easily assign tasks to the various legal officers and coordinators by recording and entering required tasks in the system.
Imagine that a new officer or a new lawyer has just been assigned to a case. Rather than sift through files just to get acquainted to it, the officer could first browse for information using Corporate LAWMAN to establish the issues and status of the case, make some preliminary judgements, strategise and proceed to act on relevant matters even before locating and studying the actual file comprehensively.
This instant global information feature is a powerful utility, enabling effective and efficient response to legal issues and the potential for resolving matters quicker, thus the potential for lowering your legal costs. Your legal department will then be more responsive and proactive.
Corporate LAWMAN Financial module provides a unified approach to monitoring the cost implications of legal matters. Lawyers/Chambers you engaged their services can send in their bill, which you assess and raise interim vouchers (local to your department) for approval.
Corporate LAWMAN also has excellent reporting facilities equipped with up to 30 standard reports. You can print daily schedules of tasks for each legal officer/coordinator of a case as well as generate reminders on critical tasks to be done in the future so that adequate preparation can be made before the actual date. Management reports on the status and position of all legal matters can be produced from time to time to provide management valuable data to strategise and budget for your legal department.
Furthermore, all reports can be sent electronically by email through the Internet, or your Intranet, directly from Corporate LAWMAN ensuring instant and timely delivery of information by leveraging the global communications and information highway, Internet.
Overall, Corporate LAWMAN will be an investment in the right direction by motivating effective management of any corporate legal department and engender a positive culture in the overall service delivery.
Corporate Law Office Manager is a multi-user software with client/server architecture deployed on standard personal computers running Windows 98/2000/XP and installed with Microsoft Office 2000 (or higher) Professional/Premium. Optionally the solution can be deployed on SQL Server Platform to leverage client/server facilities and high reliability. The following enumerates the key features of the solution
- Consists of Client Front End\Gateway applications, which run on workstations providing the gateway to the databank hosted on a server computer across a local area network.
- Comprehensive information on all cases and legal matters is captured in a central databank, residing at the Headquarters.
- Captures and manages information on lawyers/chambers handling cases on behalf of your company, all third parties involved in legal issues and all your legal officers coordinating your legal department.
- Capability to store/link to multi-media information, such as photographic evidence or any digital/electronic information relating to the case/matter.
- Scheduling and reporting of all relevant activities involving the cases/legal matters handled by the coordinators and legal officers of each case/legal matter.
- Automatically generates reminders on scheduled activities based on your coded instructions.
- Provides ability to record important documents attached to each case/legal matters file.
- Sub modules include
- Securities Register
- Legal Searches
- Company Secretariat
- Financial implications of managing each case/legal matter is also a useful facility provided by our proposed solution.
- Integrates seamlessly with third party digital information and referencing services, such as case reports and indexes, available on compact discs. This empowers your legal officers with relevant on-line information to prepare for cases at his/her workstation.
- Compactness and completeness of our solution enables mobility; legal officers and coordinators of cases/matters can have the mobile version of our solution on a laptop, which can be taken around with him/her thus maximising his/her effectiveness.
- Reporting facilities is enhanced with the ability to send information as attachments to e-mail sent across the Internet.
- Concise history of all activities on each case such as court appearances, court hearings, meetings, judgement/agreement details and case assessments, including activities that are not litigation specific.
- Databank enables generation of statistics such as returns on cases, status of cases and forms the basis of planning in policy making for management.
- Effective security features, with each user assigned a security profile that fits his/her work schedule and responsibilities ensuring confidentiality of your legal information.
- Maintains a concise audit trail of operational activities
- Open architecture enables configuration and customisation to fit your specific environment.
Our younger ones in our schools, for example, are fast learners; they are very inquisitive and have the penchant for fishing for information. They tend to be able to acquire so much information at leisure that it has becomes important to exploit this feature to build a better future for our country, since they are the leaders of tomorrow.
Information is power. In this age, electronic information sources provide a wealth of information to inform learning and improve our educational standards.
While the traditional library is the primary source of information, the ease of electronic information access now complements this immensely. This dictates the view that not only is the library about books, it is now an information centre where information from all sources, deployed electronically, can be accessed, downloaded and tracked in much the same way as in the traditional library.
Our aim is to engender a positive culture and awareness in information sourcing, acquisition and application in our schools. Our contribution is to deploy library management software with the capabilities of exploiting the Internet for accessing, downloading and managing information. The ability to create a local digital library in each of the schools from information downloaded from websites is also a key objective.
SLIM (SoftPro Library Manager). SLIM is a full-fledged library management software of international standards with capabilities to access information on the Internet and from third party digital libraries. You can download information from websites on to your local digital library and track these information sources in much the same way as in a traditional library. SLIM also deploys facilities for barcode reading, capture (scanning) of newspaper cuttings, tracking of reference materials such videos, tapes, CDs and audiocassettes.
SLIM is the latest version of its parent software, X-Lib, which is currently deployed in over 25 sites across the nation, including tertiary institutions, law chambers, government ministries and parastatals and private libraries.
SLIM will empower each outlet as an information centre, with the following capabilities and functions;
- Create and manage your local digital library.
- Track materials in the library and retrieve them via comprehensive criteria, which include
- Subject group,
- Year of accession,
- Library Branches.
- Keep track of newspaper cuttings, magazines, journals, video tapes, CD’s and electronic documents.
- Capture essential pictures, charts, photographs, maps and video recordings on the library information system and retrieve them at will.
- Monitor materials requested by the various users on a network.
- Generate identity cards, complete with photographs, for accredited library users / borrowers.
- Keep track of materials borrowed from the library.
- Supports barcode technology for cataloguing as well as circulation.
- Integrates seamlessly with the Internet and digital libraries.
- Monitor proposed expenditure on materials for the library.
- Built-in security module for assigning privileges to the functional areas of the library such as cataloguing, circulation desks, serials, acquisition, office of the librarian and office of the deputy librarian.
- Modular in design and capable of handling tasks such as:
- Library Registration and Clearance Report
- Cataloguing and Classification
- Circulation control
- Serial Management
- Acquisition and Collection
- Advance Search Capabilities
- Administration Report generation
- Security administration
- Clearance Report Generation
- User-friendly, hence easily used by those with minimum computer literacy.
- Maintain a concise audit trail of all library activities.
Some valued clients of the original version of SLIM, called X-Lib, include
- National Library of Nigeria
- Yaba College of Technology
- Rotimi Williams Legal Chambers
- Raw Materials Research & Development Council
- Human Rights Commission
- Family Economic Advancement Programme
- Nigerian Law Reform Commission
- Security and Exchange Commission
- Ministry of Communications
- Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Kwara State Library Board
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Nigerian Export & Import Bank (NEXIM)
- Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC)
- National Wages Commission
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede
- Federal Polytechnic, Offa
- Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah
- Nigeria Law School Library, Lagos
- Federal High Court, Lagos
- National Assembly, Abuja
We are confident of the capabilities of SLIM to improve the educational advancement in our society by empowering us with the tools to aid information sourcing, acquisition and application.
This software is designed to drive the operations of information providers such as credit agencies and is easily extendable to meet the requirements of any institutions that handle a large customer base. It captures and manages a wide scope of information on individuals and businesses as regards their activities, exposures, ownership structure, business areas, financial ratings and civil litigations for/against the entities. The software includes features for cross-referencing information and managing search requisitions from corporate clients.
Our Clinic Manager software (T-ClinicMan) is designed to manage the operations of hospitals and clinics with focus on patients’ records, treatment and drugs dispensation, patients billing and pharmacy inventory control.
SAAMS is designed to manage students academic information in a school. The first release is targeted at secondary schools and is currently implemented at the Command Days Secondary School, Lungi Barracks, Abuja.
SAAMS manages the following information;
- Students Register
- Academic and None Academic Staff Register
- Class Registers
- Subjects Registers for Classes
- Assignments (Tests, Continuous Assessments and Exams)
- Assessments and Results Processing formulae
- Students Promotion
- Generations of Students End of Term and Yearly Report Cards
SAAMS security model incorporates personalizing results information to the specific teacher\instructor to ensure integrity of students’ results.
Plans exist for versions of SAAMS for primary, private and higher institutions of learning.